Tuesday 28 January 2014

Mummy, why do we live on Earth?

My 3-year old asked me that over the phone when I was at work! As a first time mum, it completely blew me away. I couldn't help smiling the rest of the day.

When I got home, the answer I gave was that we couldn't live on the other planets  (too hot, too cold, no air, no water etc) and that the earth created us. She asked even more searching questions before being distracted by food! And my bandaged arm (I'd had my implant removed yesterday - the GP had to dig around a bit and left a significant hole.)

She then wanted to look at pictures of blood! She had already been fascinated by blood before - in her words, "Blood is very interesting!". We talked about red blood cells, platelets and white blood cells... then we went on about ear wax and snot!

Sadly she was completely wide awake until midnight.

Ah well...


No comments:

Post a Comment