Sunday 19 January 2014

Developments in the cocoon

The challenge has been taken up! 

In the first thread, a friend (A*) and I challenged each other to take the first step towards being a free range human1. 

Mine was to see if I could get paid planning parties - I got my first "work experience" assignment - planning a baby shower for someone I don't really know. If that goes well... idea tested! Start doing!

His was to get some side projects as a Linux Administrator. If that's your thing, go here: http://www.theeternalwanderer.com/

I also got thinking about all the other things I love doing: designing brands, writing stories and doing all sorts of stuff... and got a second challenge: to rebrand a good friend's cake making enterprise. Now we're really cooking! 

Next thing I know, a side project that's been percolating for while finally took a real step forward.

Some friends and I had been talking about a local website dedicated to new parents looking for activities for their young family as web searches just threw up too many options and none were reliable. What we were missing was a tech genius who could build us a site to our specifications. Step forward A*! 

It's all terribly exciting! 

http://www.free-range-humans.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment