Wednesday 10 June 2015

"Breathe in, breathe out. Breathe in, breathe out."

I find myself in a an almost perpetual state of frustration alternating with rage these past 10 days. But this morning I read one man's blog about being let go from a job he had held for a decade - and I found myself thinking, "I will NOT be like this." So I breathed the 4, 7, 8 sequence and calmed the fuck down, then promptly did a quick search on stress on work. 

Exercise seems to be the panacea of choice when it comes to alleviating turmoil. I've been a little slack in the exercise department lately, mainly because I've not made the time for it, being too engrossed in my outrage. Being so emotionally driven, I sometimes become lost in the drama* and forget to pay attention. So I shall take my medicine like a grown-up. First dose tomorrow - if my daughter will suffer it. Trying to do a workout when a five-year old insists on jumping on you or using your arms and legs as a crazy maze is quite the challenge.

Oh yes, my weekdays now have a morning two hour slot for my Little Monster. Friday's activity shall be baking corn muffins if we have time: http://agirlcalledjack.com/2015/06/09/corn-bread-muffins-10p-each/. (Yes, I am trying to be a Parent.)


*To those of you who consider "Drama Queens" contemptible, I'll not gloat when you finally explode from throttling your emotional selves. Or turn into dry detached husks, wondering why you feel nothing but emptiness. Meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment