Monday 20 April 2015

"Death cannot stop True Love. It can only delay it a little."

I can't believe it's been more than six months since I posted about Reawakening.

As you know, I've been exploring inner space--looking into what makes me tick, why I feel the way I do and think the way I do.

One of the biggest themes I was exploring was romantic love. The most profound thing I learned was that my entire notion of being in love is a purely biological/evolutionary imperative, that lasts about two years at most, just long enough to raise a child out of infancy.

I don't know about you but this is what I believed being in love was: You have a soul mate. And when you meet there will be that bolt of lightning. You will just know that this person is The One. You will not be able to get enough of each of other. You will always be madly in love with each other. Forever! And if anyone objects, screw them! It's us versus the world. Your love will conquer all, will survive all hardship, will overcome all obstacles. True Love is all.

This is what I really believed in my little girl's heart when I met my husband 20 years ago. And I think, still sort of believed up until about a year ago. The break up led to the questions: Where did the love go? When did it die? Was it ever there to begin with? Basically, wtf happened?

I found the answers in science and the answers were uncomfortable but true. These people had done their research and their evidence was compelling.

1 comment:


  1. How to move on?


    Your article reminded me of this one. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete