Friday 14 August 2015

"Stay on target..."

Four weeks to go and I will be done with this current employment. I am filled with trepidation but even as I write this, I can't help smiling. 

The last four have been jammed with activity, both job-seeking and socially, the latter being somewhat more successful thus far. 

I've been waking up in a slight panic the last few days, afraid of what might happen if I don't get anything lined up. It's causing little spurts of paralysis but I have hope. There are things I can do, I just have to have faith and keep going.

I've also been plagued by a past obsession that just won't go away. I know it will pass, I just have to let it run its course and let it fade on its own. But it's an annoying distraction that a part of me -- that part that feels so bereft -- welcomes and can't seem to stop. One of Little Monster's bedtime stories is "Hug Me" by Simona Ciraolo and this part is just like Felipe, the cactus.

No comments:

Post a Comment