Wednesday 9 September 2015

"Allow yourself to accept the precariousness..."

...something more creative might come from it." -- H. Ferguson, writer, polyglot and friend.

It's been 5 days since I became self-employed.

I've been reading the stories of like-minded individuals - thank you Career Shifters - and watching talks about entrepreneurship. 

I've also seen that a fellow creative who was in the same boat as me has taken off! I am so pleased and at the same time slightly envious - that's the competitive side of me growling (down, girl!). 

I'm now registered with three temp agencies and hoping to hear from another I contacted today. The idea is to just keep money coming in while I work on the creative side.

I've been working on my "creative CV" (if sketching and doodling ideas count!), and getting my work online (well, so far, I've managed to rip the damned things off the DVD and in the right aspect ratios). The next step is to pull it altogether. This bit is the tough bit for me. Didn't used to be - the taking action bit. That's what made me an efficient promo producer when it was a job. I wonder if this is damage from crashing all those years ago.

Today, I had the most interesting conversation with two of my dearest friends* -- they've got me thinking about writing something else. It's an intriguing proposition and due to its adult and potentially explosive nature, I am mulling it over.

Dare I do it? And how far could/would/should I take it?

The idea is tantalising and certainly appealing to my inner wild child. Oh, it's not just erotica - that I already do, just not published.

Oooh... I think I will. I think I dare.

*Indispensable, wonderful, amazing and just awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment